An Old Midlish Rhyme
The wind from the North sings of heroes of Olde
The wind from the East makes our blood run Cold
The wind from the South smells of Spices and Gold
But the wind from the West tells of warriors Bold.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Winter Quarters

There is no doubt about it, the Lydian army has stalled again.

Within 2 weeks I expect to finish rearranging my room and will have a "permanent" painting area again. At that time I expect painting to step up but there is a huge back log of various things and while I have 2 separate Lydian units 1/2 done, I am not looking forward to the prospect and not feeling an urge to field the Lydians in a game.

Perhaps I'll force the issue and finish the lancers or perhaps I'll troll through the boxes and see what takes my fancy. In any event, I need to get the Medes out sometime in April to test out the revised table.

2 comments:

  1. Ross,

    Personally I've decided to concentrate on one period this year (Colonials), and I am going to try to stick to that.

    You have so many different projects in constant motion (NQSYW for one) that you might try scheduling months for different projects.

    In April, you'll try to work only on Project A; in May, more Project A or work on Project B; in June, you'll . . . you get the idea.

    Would that help?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeff, thanks for the idea but I'm too undisciplined for that and once part of the hobby becomes a must, it often turns to chore not fun. Apart from the NQSYW where I have a deadline and partners, it doesn't really matter if any given period sits on the shelf for a year or two.

    But so far my Lydian War has been more Greeks vs Persians than anything else which suggests that it may not have engaged me as much as I'd hoped and it may be time to disengage, fold the Phyrgians into my Persian army and leave the Greeks on their own.

    ReplyDelete